Monday, January 11, 2010

You Can Add Your Own Images To Sample Board Online




This is a wonderful added feature of the Sample Board Online site. Designers, decorators, architects and users can upload their own images. This could be a floor plan, perspective drawing or any item. It is easy to do. Those with experience with Cad and Cadd will be able to do it easily. If you get into trouble you can send an email or post comments and we will get back to you.
I have now been in blogosphere for a week now. It has been challenging and fun. I can now write a blog, include images and have found out how to follow others. I now have to find out how to get others to read my blog, to follow me. Slowly but surely I am conquering this new world. As I write this I am aware I have only one reader. But I know I will soon have many readers hanging off my every word (I wish as the young ones would say). But I have set a goal and I am working one it so I am half way there. My blog is now located on the Sample Board Online web site. That is a step in the right direction.
But you want to know how to upload your items onto the Sample Board Online site not read about all my adventures in blog space. So here does. Follow the same steps for starting to create a sample board. If you have not done so you will need to register to make an account     
If you go Ros’ blog at http://blog.sampleboardonline.com/ to her post ‘Create a sample board using ‘My items’ dated Monday 23 rd November 2009 you will find the steps I mention here. Ros has also included some illustrations.     
How to upload your images
Step 1:
The first thing to do is register by going to ‘Create Account’. When you have registered you will find a link on the upper right hand side called ‘My Profile’. When you go to ‘My Profile’ you will see the link ‘New Board’ under ‘My Profile’
‘My Profile’
If you click on ‘New Board’ a page will come up. You are now ready to upload your gems
Step 2:
Click on the upload image link next to the ‘My Profile’ link
A white window will appear with a blue box with select images… prompt
Step 3:
Go to ‘My Item’ in the bottom right hand corner click on link
Step 4:
Drag you upload images on to the canvas
Then follow the same steps for creating a sample board mentioned in the blog ‘Sample Board Online Designers One Stop Shop’ dated 10/1/2010
Hopefully you should now be able to (if I have explained it properly) create a sample board using items from the Sample Board Online library of products and using your own uploaded images.
Please have a try by going to www.sampleboardonline.com site it is free and fun. Then let us know what you think. We really do like to get your feedback. Sample Board Online does plan to have some competitions in the future. So have a play and you never know you could create a masterpiece and win.    
You have probably gathered by now if you have read my other posts I love quotes and sayings. Can’t help myself! It is something I learnt when I studied success motivation. Here one from the great designer Charles Eames
“Here is one of the few effective keys to the design problem – the ability of the designer to recognize as many of the constraints as possible – his willingness and enthusiasm for working within these constraints. Constraints of price, of size, of strength, of balance, of surface, of time and so forth.”


No comments:

Post a Comment